2017 Worksop Half Marathon & Fun Run Event Information
Half Marathon Unaffiliated - £22.00
Half Marathon UKA Affiliated - £20.00
Fun Run - £5.00
There will be NO Half Marathon entries on the day
We will only be taking entries on the day for the Fun Run
Half Marathon 10:00am
Fun Run 10:15am
All race numbers and timing chips are to be collected on the day. PLEASE NOTE: No information will be sent out in the post. Collection desks will be open from 08:00am at Outwood Academy Portland (postcode S80 2SF). You are not required to bring anything to the registration desk, simply check your number beforehand and go to the appropriate collection desk.
Check your race number here:
Both route maps and an elevation map can be found here: 2017 Course Maps
Start/Finish: Outwood Academy Portland (postcode S80 2SF)
The Worksop Halloween Fun Run is approximately 2.5km and is buggy friendly (depending on recent weather). The course can be found here: 2017 Course Maps. Entry is £5.00 and the race starts at 10:15am. All finishers will receive a medal to show off to family and friends! The safety of our runners is extremely important to us, so we would please ask that any child under the age of 8 is accompanied by an adult. Fancy dress is hugely encouraged for this event ... nothing like the Grim Reaper chasing you to help you run a little bit faster!
Changing Facilities and Toilets:
There will be changing facilities and toilets located at Outwoood Academy Portland. There will also be additional outdoor toilets provided.
Please click here for parking locations. There is NO parking at Outwood Academy Portland.
Please use the designated car parks only and do not park in the neighbouring streets. Make sure you allow yourself time to walk from the car park to the Academy to ensure you collect your number and timing chip before the start of the race.
Drinks and Sponge Stations:
There will be 3 drinks stations (issued in cups) and one sponge station located throughout the course. Bottled water will also be provided at the finish.
The prize giving will take place at 1pm. This will be at the side of the Academy near the canteen area.
All prize winners across the age categories will receive cash vouchers courtesy of Lincolnshire Runner. The first 3 finishers in the male and female categories will also receive a pair of running shoes courtesy of Hoka One One, with the 4th place male receiving a Trespass Waikaka 8 Litre Bumbag and the 4th place female receiving a Trespass Cancan Running Belt. The first placed local runners will receive cinema tickets courtesy of Savoy Cinema. A full prize list can be found on our homepage.
- There will be NO half marathon entries on the day. We will only be taking entries on the day for the Fun Run.
- Do not cut or fold your race number. Please pin it to the front of your vest/t-shirt with four pins.
- Emergency contact numbers and name(s), along with any medical conditions must be written on the back of your race number in the spaces provided.
- We strongly advise against wearing headphones or using ipods/smartphones etc during the race. Runners do so at their own risk. If you choose to use such equipment, we please ask that you be vigilant at all times and to please turn the devices off before the start of the race so that you are able to hear any announcements.
- If you are no longer able to take part, please see our Refunds and Cancellation Policy.